MISSION: The California Association of Latino Superintendents and Administrators (CALSA) is a community of diverse educational leaders skilled in addressing the needs of Latino/a students and dedicated to increasing the number of highly effective Latino/a administrators.
PURPOSE: The California Association of Latino Superintendents and Administrators is a professional association that advocates for the continued development and placement of Latino educational leaders who are committed to quality public education.
CALSA is dedicated to supporting its members who are actively engaged in and aligned to our mission and purpose of effective leadership and advocating for Latino students. This year, CALSA is offering one (1) $10,000 administrator of the year award to be used for personal growth, student scholarships or a charity of their choice. Mentoring Minds is generously sponsoring this award exclusively for CALSA members. Their passion is to develop quality educational materials that encourage students to think critically for effective problem solving.
The award will be presented during the CALSA Summer Institute in San Diego during July 8-11, 2018.
- Current paid member of CALSA.
- Currently a sitting Superintendent, Deputy Suprintendent, Chief Academic Officer, Chief Business Officer or Principal
- Demonstrated success as site or district administrator with clear student outcome criteria (e.g. growth indicators, such as A-G completion, grad rate, reading scores, etc.)
- Commitment to professional growth
- Demonstrated supporting the mission/vision of CALSA
- Current and incoming CALSA Board Members excluded
Nominations Submitted by: May 15th, 2018